Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd Issues with C3650

anthonyjjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm having an odd issue with a C3650. I don't see my interface counters incrementing appropriately, and I'm getting the following in the log:

*Mar  3 20:21:25.297: %PLATFORM_PM-2-ASYNC_WAIT_TOUT: PM wait for ack timed out: req_id 20559, dest slots:0x2, ack pending from slots 0x2

I figured I would ask here before getting TAC on the phone.

Thank you for having a look!

-Anthony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

This looks like a low-level issue which only TAC can help you resolve. Just by the gut feeling, the message seems to relate to a timeout (TOUT) waiting for some kind of acknowledgement from your switch's port manager (PM). Let's hope it's not a hardware issue although at this point, it does unfortunately seem so.

Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

This looks like a low-level issue which only TAC can help you resolve. Just by the gut feeling, the message seems to relate to a timeout (TOUT) waiting for some kind of acknowledgement from your switch's port manager (PM). Let's hope it's not a hardware issue although at this point, it does unfortunately seem so.

Best regards,
Peter

Hi Anthony,

I had a quick look these and it seems as indicated by Peter, the Port manager process seems to be stuck.  Looking at my database, most of these issues are fixed by a reload of the switch/stack.

Also these symptoms are not seen on latest codes. So you could consider for an upgrade as well.

If you can't fix by a reload, please feel free to open a case with TAC for further investigation.

Hope this helps you.

Madhu

anthonyjjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

You hit the nail on the head Peter. Thanks!

After calling TAC they seem to think it's the same thing, only 3 cases of this particular problem so far. I'll be upgrading and reloading during my next outage.

Thanks again!

Hello, did you resolve the problem by changing IOS? Which IOS you choosed?

Filip

I had this also - running 03.03.05SE

I reloaded the stack with no further ado.

Roman_Shilenko
Level 1
Level 1

Have the same issue on a stack of five WS-C3650-48PQ running 03.07.05E.

Hi Romon/All, 

I am having the same issue, got fixed this after reboot. Wondering if anyone knows the RC? I am running on Version 03.07.03E

Rashid K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card