Views
Helpful
Replies

orange color is blinking

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Folks

I have an IBM Blade server connected to core with 6 GB(each NIC IS 1GB) With portchannel but i noted that color is  ORANGE blinking on the Server side,so how we start troubleshoot in the core and how to fix it?

thanks

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ibrahim

The best thing would be to start with the data sheet or manual of the blade server and find out what it shows if the orange led is blinking.

Simultaneously you can also check the port status on the switch and also the logs to check out the possible reason which could be causing this.

Do make sure that you have the same protocol being used on both the sides for establishing the port channel.

regds

Hi Ibrahim,

Observe how it is at the core switch end port on which the blade server connected.
And check the port settings at both ends (switch and IBM blade)
As I know IBM blade have seperate switch (L2) where all servers will connect to it.

If the port at core switch end is blinking in green then you have to completely check at IBM blade end like port settings and all.

Regards,
Naidu.

Folks

How to troubleshoot and verify more?

You may want to check the speed and duplex of the switch ports and of the server.  Best practices are to either speed lock both sides or leave both sides set to autonegotiate.

This is the next step I would take to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Kimberly

Thanks and Cheers! Kimberly Please remember to rate helpful posts.

Hi

the below is 1 interface from the bundle,pls verify

interface GigabitEthernet1/1
no ip address
switchport
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
channel-protocol lacp
channel-group 1 mode active

also i checked the speed,both interfaces are full-duplex

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card