Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All,I have a problem with my 6500 series switch booting up.  This is my first initial boot up so I am using the console cable to put ip information on the device.  The switch goes through the basic boot sequence but when it finishes I am unable...

Ok, here is a problem that has me absolutely stumped, hopefully I'll find an answer here among the geniuses.  about 2 weeks ago, got a call that the network has come down to a crawl, thought odd, people couldn't ping by name, or by ip sometimes and s...

Whenever I reboot a 2940 I have a problem with the console speed resetting to 115200. A show run reveals:line con 0logging synchronousspeed 115200When I change the speed to 9600 and copy run start it shows this in the startup:line con 0logging synchr...

HiI need to know if it is possible to trunk a serial link through two switches.I two serial links in a building both coming in at different locations. Our comms room has one serial link with a link balancer. The serial connection is plugged directly ...

Resolved! ISL Basic Concept

Hi to all i have doubts about basic concept of ISL.First of all, what is going to happen in the case of ISL trunk enabled only in one side of the trunked link?More, all catalyst switch support ISL trunk?Finally, does ISL trunk support all types of me...

HiWe have a 2910 Router that manages our internet connection.Unfortunaly we have run into a problem that is outside my experience and that is why i write here.Our router sits after a fibre switch from our provider, to gain access through the fibre sw...

Hi,I have 6509-e switch with IOS ( s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI4a.bin ) and supervisor engine is SUP720-3BOur requirement is to downgrade with Catos in SP and  IOS in RP ..... so we have downloaded below images from cisco :catOS Images :cat6...

I have a problem with the mac-address table not updating on a 6509, running IOS (s222_rp-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF16I have two 6500's connected together and the other one is running code, Version 12.2(18)SXF17a does not have the issue.To r...

Dear All,With dynamic port security, I was able to disconnect one device and able to connect other one. However with sticky only those devices were allowed which were learnt i.e. 2 address IP phone and PC.  I have 3560E switches. With three address a...

adilhayat by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes