cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF in intervlan network and DHCP

sheryarqazi4
Level 1
Level 1

please help in using OSPF in intervlan network and DHCP? Ur guidance will be highly appreciable

NBC MAIN IMG.png

i applied VLANs and they are working fine, however i need to add OSPF and DHCP and more MLS and extend network in it, what would be configuration for it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

attached a version where the Main MLS switch functions as DHCP server, and three MLS switches have been added, with OSPF enabled on all four switches...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

if this is a Packet Tracer project, post the zipped project (.pkt) file.

Sir, here is the PKT file Attached

Hello,

attached a version where the Main MLS switch functions as DHCP server, and three MLS switches have been added, with OSPF enabled on all four switches...

Thank you Sir, Can You please share commands as well. Actually what i am trying is to Use VLANs with OSPF Network, guide me if there is any need to............i need Multiple MLS Campus Network with Multiple VLANS on OSPF Routing enabled.
Regards

Sheharyar

Dear Sir, 

there was some confusion to me while understanding last PKT File You shared, therefore i have again designed a PKT File with inter VLAN with OFSP working (but loopback address isn't given yet). However at next, i want to extend this network up to BGP which i cant do at my own, Coz Am not clear about it. Please guide further about how to do it all with inter VLAN, OSPF and BGP.

As my main idea is to design a proper College Campus plan with Inter VLAN, OSPF and BGP.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You have only 1 MLS switch doing routing for all vlans so no need for any routing protocols.  If you add another router or MLS switch, then enable OSPF with router ospf 1,  network 172.16.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 0  to advertise 3 vlans you have now. Similarly, enable ospf on new device and advertise its networks.

You can put DHCP server box in every vlan and set up pool for it Or connect DHCP server to Main switch and set up 3 pools for all vlans.  I think then you need a ip helper-address x.x.x.x command for those vlans that are not directly connected to network that DHCP server sits on.  Alternatively, you can set new network/subnet for Servers like DHCP, DNS, etc and put your DHCP there serving all vlans again.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card