Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Help - RIPv2, EIGRP and OSPF

Lewis.carlile
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been assigned a task to create a network within Packet Tracer that uses the RIPv2, EIGRP and OSPF.

I'm unable to ping PC1 to PC7, but R1 can Ping R5 and PC2 cannot ping PC8 but R2 can ping R6.

All the PC's should be able to ping each other on the network.

Please could someone have a look at the Packet Tracer file if possible and tell me where i'm going wrong or provide me with a working Packet Tracer file.

I have limited Knowledge on Packet Tracer and i have done lots of research into the different Protocols and how to set them up before hand but I've been unsuccessful at getting it configured.

There may be some commands that are not even needed in the configs but I'm unsure.

I've also uploaded the Addressing scheme and table as it may help.

9 Replies 9

Hi Lewis,

I have found some configurations that could be removed. Let me share my findings. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi

I have solved some routing issues, please see the fixed topology, I have used /32 entries for the routing protocols but you can use the specific wildcard. Also I have removed unnecessary configurations to avoid confusion. If you are going to use OSPF I recommend to create the area 0 or at least one interface into the area 0, the area 0 or backbone must be always created in a OSPF environment. 

Hope it is useful

Please dont forget to rate the comment if it was useful or answered the question.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi, 

Thank you so much for taking you're time to look into this for me.

I shall have a look at the packet tracer file that you have provided.

Thank you again, it's very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Lewis.

It was a pleasure my friend. 

If you have any doubts please do not hesitate to contact me

Have a great day

:-)

Hi,

Thank you so much.

I've just had a quick look through the configs and it looks so simple to do.

The only thing that i'm not sure about is how i can make PC2 ping PC6 as it currently fails when a ping command is issued and this is the only one I've noticed that fails out of all the PC's. They should all be able to ping each other through the different protocols (RIP, EIGRP and OSPF)

Please could you have a look into this for me if you have the time and re upload the Packet Tracer file.

Thank you,

Kind Regards.

Lewis

I've noticed a mistake with one of the Subnet Mask on the R2 Fa0/0 and PC2 so i have attached the correct document file with this in if this is any help.

Hi Lewis, Thanks, please let me take a look and keep you posted.

Thank you so much. :)

You are welcome,

I have found a problem, if you configured the gateway on R4 for the PC 6 (gateway 192.168.0.241) it has a overlapping with the network configured on R2's Interface. 

You have a /27 on the R2's interface but on the file the PC has /28 as mask, so that creates the overlapping between subnets. 

If you modify the R4´s F0/1 with the correct gateway 192.168.0.241 and execute on R2 the following command you will see that is known directly connected and that is not correct. 

R2#sh ip route 192.168.0.241

Routing entry for 192.168.0.224/27

Known via "connected", distance 0, metric 0 (connected, via interface)

Redistributing via eigrp 1

Routing Descriptor Blocks:

* directly connected, via FastEthernet0/0

Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card