cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC as Router in Cisco Packet Tracer

xedoxzarea
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to make PC client in Cisco Packet Tracer work as Router ?
I have a task to create a topology that require PC Router ( PC as router), after googling for some time i can not find any tutorial for such.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what you mean PC as Router ?

You point all the device gateway as PC and PC should be able to take care of your Routing ?

why you like to do ? - ( this is duable you need add lot more static routes in command prompt) - but that is not the best way meant PC to be act as router.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

we were asked to make a network like this picture, which I know possible if done outside PT. The problem is as Covid-19 condition right now, its not possible to do it in computer lab. That's why I want to know if this is possible to be done in virtual lab.image.png

PC  Router can eb anything line you can use any Linux image to act as router, but not sure what is your case here.

PC Router - need to define ? Windows ? Linux ? or any other router ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello
PT is flaky enough as a network simulation application, So trying to simulate a pc to run ICS in PT i am guessing wont be viable.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I use PT for many years and never hear about PC being router. you can try CLN, The CLN is where you will find academic and learning support, and many users using PT.  https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/discussions

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

nurfaizah
Level 1
Level 1

Do u already have the answer? 

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello xedoxzarea,

If it is Physical PC, you want to make it as full fledged router....it should installed with server operating system like Windows server 2016/2019 or Linux server and also have multiple NIC's. You can also use Virtual Machine(VM) instead of Physical PC, still requirements are same....

if you want share only  Internet connection from one PC to Other PC's...Windows (Win 7/8/10) provides ICS (Internet connection Sharing) feature...still that pc requires 2 NIC's.

But with packet tracer i haven't come across with PC router...Please describe your scenario more detail....

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card