cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer ip address of HSRP

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi One router ip address is 10.1.1.10 and its standby ip address 10.1.1.1, Which command can tell its peer ip address? Thank you

5 Replies 5

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

I can't get your question. What do you mean by Peer IP address? HSRP is working on Virtual IP address.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

I have one router with ip address 10.1.1.10 and hsrp is configured in the router. The virtual ip address is 10.1.1.1. Since the router is configured as hsrp, it should have another router as its peer. This is all info that i have. Can I use some command in the router to know ip address of its peer? Thank you 

If I am not wrong, you want to login to both routers. You can log in to Physical interface IP on your router 1. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

With the "show standby" command you can review the Virtual IP, la real IP of the active router and If the local router is the active or the standby device. What aditional information do you need? Maybe I couldn't understand your question very well.

--------------Do not forget to rate useful post.--------------------

Regards,

Sh standby brief

above command will give you the details you want like the active router IP and standby router (peer) IP and the gateway (Virtual IP).

Sh standby will give you detailed info.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card