Views
Helpful
Replies

PING 50% loss

kuuhaku
Level 1
Level 1

IMG-20221116-WA0000.jpg

 Can anyone help me? In this topology, I have 4 different vlans which are marked in color boxes each of which is VLAN. what I want to know is why when doing a ping test from VLAN12 (yellow area) connected to the wireless router to the destination area VLAN 10 (purple area) the result of the ping is 50% loss. does anyone know the cause?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@kuuhaku seems like issue with Ip addressing used in wireless router. when replay packet comes from switch0 to wireless router  some times it forwards it back to switch0 because same network used for wireless router's internet and lan areas. means, switch also keeps laptop MAC in thats table since its form same network. better change lan area to different IP range. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

kuuhaku
Level 1
Level 1

This 50% loss occurs when ping test from vlan12(yellow area) with wireless

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You can attach your PT file here (must be in a zip format).

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

sorry what do you mean by PT file? I am new to using Cisco packet tracer.

ohh here... please give me solution or reason why 50%loss if ping from wireless to VLAN10 area

@kuuhaku seems like issue with Ip addressing used in wireless router. when replay packet comes from switch0 to wireless router  some times it forwards it back to switch0 because same network used for wireless router's internet and lan areas. means, switch also keeps laptop MAC in thats table since its form same network. better change lan area to different IP range. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Okay thanks ser

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card