Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy based routing for traffic forwarding

balbeer.singh84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two WAN interfaces on the router connected to two different WAN Links Link (2 ISPs). One link is having 10Mbps bandwidth & other link is having 5Mbps bandwidth. I have configured the router with two default routes for both the WAN interfaces with different ADs. Here if primary route will not be available, the traffic will be forwared through backup WAN following next available route. Now I want to configure the policy based routing in such a manner that the traffic must be forwared through primary WAN (10Mbps) & when the traffic will utilize 10Mbps bandwidth, then the traffic must go through 5Mbps WAN i.e. I must be able to use 10Mbps + 5Mbps bandwidth but first preference is 10Mbps & upon full utilization, the other preference is 5Mbps. Upon 10Mbps threshold, the traffic must go through other available WAN interface.

Please suggest me the configuration for the same in Cisco 2901 router.

-Balbeer Singh

1 Reply 1

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you want to control the path based upon utilization of the links you should use PfR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/pfr/configuration/15-1mt/pfr-15-1mt-book.html

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card