cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

powerfocus on cico 9200 issue

GeorgeLuis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi im working with a power focus Tool that only support 10 half on ethernet never have problems but now we are using a new switch 9200 after we connect the tool to the port with the correct vlan state change to up but when ping the device dont respond after that the port become unusable not working for any other device even when using shutdown and no shutdown

the port gets up but nothing that we connect to it will work we need to reset the switch for now and then the port become usable

any advice to first enable the port without reset the switch and then know if this switch supports 10/half

PD: i already force the port to 10/half without success

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What is the exact part number for the switch?

HTH

C9200L-48P-4X

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what IOS code running ?

can you post show run interface x/x output when you connect or with out connecting device:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_169_int_and_hw_9200_cg/configuring_interface_characteristics.html

as i remember i do see some diffculties when i was setting up 10MB, some device did not come up, some ok. the one having issue we need to introduce small hub to fix and later contact vendor to upgrade to high level interface cards.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

i try this and without the speed and duplex force 

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/10
description  PORT
switchport access vlan 11
switchport mode access
speed 10
duplex half
spanning-tree portfast

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card