Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPoE Issue on 2960GS

ripwinder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a small DSL network. We inter-connect in to our partners L2 network via a 1Gb fiber that terminates on to the SFP port of our 3560, this is then connected to a router that provides PPPoE. All worked fine until we went to do a swap out this weekend to a Cisco 2960GS Gb switch, exact same set-up but when the PPPoE requests came in to our router the username and password were missing and it stated no sessionid. So we had to change back to our 3560 for now but need to get it swapped out ASAP as we need the Gb capacity on the ports.

The 1Gb fiber comes in to the Cisco 2960 on an SFP port in a DOT1q trunk just the same as on the 3560 in to VLAN30.

Any commom issues that might be casuing this in anyones experience?

Cheers,

RW.

2 Replies 2

yzeledon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi RW,

Hope you are doing fine. I have seen some issues when using the native vlan on the switch for this connectionas it can't tag the native vlan packets. Are you using the native vlan for this connection?

Cheers,

Yanil

Hi Yanil,

I'm doing great thanks.

Interesting, I just looked at the config of the 3560 and it shows the Gb ports native VLAN as 2 which is an unused VLAN. All traffic comes in on VLAN 30. I configured the new 2960 switch with native VLAN as 30 on the Gb port. I'll book in some downtime to test this and change it to an unused VLAN.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

RW.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: