cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preprovision FEX with Nexus 9k

Cisco Guardian
Level 1
Level 1

Does Nexus 9000 series support FEX preprovisioning?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

FEX pre-provisioning feature is not currently available on any of our Nexus 9000 switches unfortunately. There is an enhancement request, CSCun26267, for the addition of this feature to the Nexus 9000 portfolio but it has not been implemented yet and there is currently no target date/roadmap for the same.

Hope this helps!

- Andrea

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see it on the 9200 series but not sure about the 9300.

HTH

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

FEX pre-provisioning feature is not currently available on any of our Nexus 9000 switches unfortunately. There is an enhancement request, CSCun26267, for the addition of this feature to the Nexus 9000 portfolio but it has not been implemented yet and there is currently no target date/roadmap for the same.

Hope this helps!

- Andrea

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

Thanks for the feedback Andrea!

I found that this feature in my use case is not that needed since the access ports on the fabric extenders come up on the Nexus 9k as "admin down" unlike on the N5k, where it comes up as up /up. Since its admin down, I can configure the access port to the desired vlan before "no shutdown" to bring it up thereby avoid blackholing traffic.

does this correspond to the setting of the global "system default switchport shutdown"-config-knob or are "new" FEX-Interfaces always admin-down?

r.heitmann
Level 1
Level 1

Update for NXOS 10.2(5) @ Nexus 93360: Still no provisioning available

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card