cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Vlan - How to configure user/voice interface?

tlxbx
Level 1
Level 1

Per the Cisco doc, it states not to configure PVLAN on an interface with Voice but almost all enterprises will have user & voice on the same interface so how can I implement pvlan?

what would be the equivalent pvlan config for this? user/phone interface

Int g0/1

Des user/phone

Switchport mode access

Switchport access vlan 5

Switchport voice vlan 10

Switch Model: Cat 9400 (Multiple switches interconnected) IOS-XE-17.6.4

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 6.46.18 AM.png

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you need give more information, what model switch and IOS code running, you looking to deploy on single switch or you looking to extend or connect to other switches.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have added that info now

Switch Model: Cat 9400 (Multiple switches interconnected) IOS-XE-17.6.4

sure we now know your model of switch, what is your goal and trying to do here.

is this VLAN required inside the same switch or going beyond 9400 ?

that is access port config you have standard practice phone with Pc connected to same port ?

you like to deploy PVLAN  on same port ? how is your private VLAN segment?

BB

#what is your goal and trying to do here. --> Block east-west traffic for devices on the same VLAN for eg. users, printers, etc

#is this VLAN required inside the same switch or going beyond 9400 ? --> They are on the same switch. 

#that is access port config you have standard practice phone with Pc connected to same port ? --> Correct

#you like to deploy PVLAN  on same port ? --> Yes, I cannot run another cable for the phone and move them to another interface. I am ok leaving phones as normal VLAN if pvlan is not possible for phones but would like to put users in isolated pvlan. 

#how is your private VLAN segment? --> I am not following you on this. I will basically convert the current user, printer VLANs to pvlan primary and create a few secondary isolated VLANs, and map to primary. 

@balaji.bandi Hello any response to the below questions I answered? 

unfortunately - i have not tested this on the same port you looking to deploy PVLAN 

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card