Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in 2960-48pst-l switch

chpmotry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

I have a 2960-48pst-l switch for connecting camera network with mikrotik and cisco and dahwa devices and all of them are on the vlan 1 . But here is a problem. When i connect and  disconnect any of these devices such as camera and mikrotik radios and cisco switches, all of other devices that connected to this switches are starting to turn orange and all of them are disconnected and the switch is giving me an mac_flapp error in all connected port . I'm in first step disabling stp in mikrotik and other connected cisco switches . But nothing changed.

20240204_140227.jpg

Im tested other poe switch (2960-24pst-l) but nothing changed .

What i can do for resolve this problem?

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like you have STP issue high level as mentioned your issue

post show run, show spanning information.

best practice always avoid vlan1 default and also make sure you seperate each service in differnet VLAN avoide service outage of all devices in the switch.

what is connected Fa0/8 ? 0/19 ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you post the output of "sh run" from the switch?

HTH

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @chpmotry ,

from the description it appears you are experiencing la L2 loop and disabling STP is not the best option. What is the topology of the network? Can you share a diagram?

What device types are the Mikrotik radios? Are they L1 or L2 devices? If they are L2 devices, do they implement STP? What kind of STP do they implement - classical 802.1d, PVST, RSTP, MST?

What are the models of the other switches connected to the network?

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

chpmotry
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @liviu.gheorghe @Reza Sharifi @balaji.bandi .

All of my network switches have a default config. I'm disconnected all cables of camera and left only one camera cable and one mikrotik routerboard with default config . But when i connect first mikrotik routerboard with default config to my switch other ports turn to orange for 30second and mac flapp packet turn to occupy cpu of switch and its efficiency come to slow and drop.

Im guess two possibility for due to this problem :

1. Because all of port are on vlan 1 .

2. Because poe ability of switch ,the switch couldn't handle any other layer 2 devices,then i should to using special command to that switch worked ok like 2960-24ts-l and other non poe switches.

in Soon i putting the sh run and other useful loggs.

my regards.

how about posting show run here ?

always suggest to use access port and portfast on end device (and end device not to participate in STP?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ErmiasJoey
Level 1
Level 1

A network setup where various devices, including cameras, MikroTik radios, and other Cisco switches, are all connected to VLAN 1, I noticed a troubling pattern. Whenever I connect or disconnect any device, whether it's a camera, MikroTik radio, or Cisco switch, all other devices connected to the switch start flickering orange, indicating a loss of connectivity. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the fast gas switch was logging MAC flapping errors on all connected ports.

MAC flapping means that the switch is learning the MAC address of a device from two (or more) different ports. With a default configuration none of your network devices should ever have a path back to themselves. This can be something as simple as a cable plugged into one port of a switch and the other cable being plugged into the other side or as complicated as having two separate switches that are a part of the same network plugged into each other on ports other than their designated uplink. 

I've also seen someone plug both cables of an IP Phone into two separate wall ports because they didn't know what to do with the other one cause the same issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card