Replies

Problem in duplex of connection interface

chpmotry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys .

I have two 2960x switches . And the  map of my network is :

shora-map.JPG

 the connection interface of switches is regularly upped and downed and in sh logging dont show any reason .

Config of interface in switch core :

Int g1/0/18

Switchport mode trunk

And on other switch: 

Int g1/0/47

Switchport mode trunk

The show interface command in core switch is :

Switch-core.jpg

 The show interface command in other  switch is :

sahn-interface - Copy.JPG

Is the problem occuring due to bad cable or bad socket or bad switches?

Why the port of core switch is half and  in other side the port that connected to 2960x-48ts-l is full ?

What is the reason that make the port fixed in  half duplex state ? 

now i changed connector of cable,when i typed sh interface g1/0/18 in switch core and sh int g1/0/47 in other side switch , both of result is 100mbps and full duplex .but the suddenly up and down is continuos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

then i suspect Physical Cable - start replacing on the path, use different ports (if you have patch pannel between)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where are these device located in same cabinet and different Location, what is the distance between these device ? what CAT cable installed. ?

this is more of the Layer 1 issue, so check the Cables in the path (this could be any patch pannels)

also enable logging :

logging event link-status 

Other suggestion check when the Link down, check the CPU level and any obnormal activity.

BB

Hi balaji. 

The distance between these two switches is 70m. And the cable is cat6. The cpu when i type command sh process cpu history is normal and always below than 50%.

then i suspect Physical Cable - start replacing on the path, use different ports (if you have patch pannel between)

BB

Thank you balaji.

Why the port of core switch is half duplex state and  in other side the port that connected to 2960x-48ts-l is full duplex state ?

What is the reason that make the port fixed in  half duplex state ? 

now i changed connectors of cable,when i typed sh interface g1/0/18 in switch core and sh int g1/0/47 in other side switch , both of result is 100mbps and full duplex .but the suddenly up and down is continuos

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card