cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with link aggregation on switch and controller

c.ljunggren
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my scenario, I have two workstations running 7 Pro, each has a quad port intel card (PCIe) which I have created teams for on both sides using link aggregation. On my switch, a Cisco SG500X-24, I set up two LAG's with 4-ports each and have both servers connected as necessary. I turned on Jumbo frames and disabled energy saving. The teams were set up without LACP turned on, however I tried it with LACP and I also ran into the same problem.

Both workstations have a 26TB arrays running in RAID 6 (so plenty of read/write speed), however, with this setup, I can only get about 100MB/s (single port speed) and multiple data streams cause the speed to divide. Only single ports blink on the cards as well.

Questions 1 is probably a no-brainer, but it's my first time setting this up, but once this is working properly, would it allow a single file to transfer at ~400MB/s or would I need to start multiple datastreams to take advantage of link aggregation.

Question 2 is what do I need to change to make the link aggregation work?

I do have a little linksys router plugged into a non aggregated port to do DHCP but that wouldn't mess anything up, would it? Considering I can unplug it once everything is talking, all the transfer should take place at the switch level, correct?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

1 Reply 1

paulstone80
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Chris,

How have you got the team configured? Are all ports active or are some configured as standby adapters?

Paul

HTH Paul ****Please rate useful posts****
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card