Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,Would anyone know if EEM can be configured to shut down an ethernet port at a certain time of day and then to un shut the port again at a certain time?Energywise is unfortunatley not an option.Many thanks

Good morning,We have an Ethernet ring using an IE3010 and 4 x IE3000 switches configured with REP.All the links are microwave radio connections.Two of the switches lose connectivity and report the following error:"005563: May 10 00:37:20.898: %REP-4-...

Hello ALL,I sort of messed up and upgraded the IOS on one supervisor on a 6500 without doing the second, saved and reloaded.   How to I get the 2nd one working again?  When I issued a show module the "normal" Active sup shows active and the standby s...

mshatkus1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello AllI have 12 clients and 1 Main LocationThese 12 sites are on a Class C Network 192.168.x.x with about 12 VLANS each.I was instructed to change Everyones Network to a Class A 10.x.x.x and consolidate the 12 VLANS to three vlan...

Hi,I would like to know the difference between Catalyst 2960 and 2960 Compact Series. We are upgrading our network, but I have places with just a few PoE equipments, and I don't want to buy a 24 ports switch for those places, and the Compact Series s...

We have a patch panel and servers on a rack in the employee break room and we want to move the servers to a datacenter room in the same building.Only 30% of the ports on the panel are utilized (50 of the 152 wired ports).Would you move the entire pan...

Hello,I'm trying to find a document/best practices that talks about strategies on how to distribute end users among various switches for work continuum. At work we are trying to build a risk mitigation plan in the event a switch dies. I know you shou...