Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All I have an environment where i have two nexus 7010 switches, along with 2 nexus 5510's. I need to run OSPF as a layer 3 routing protocol between the vpc peer links.  I have 1 link being used as a keep alive link, and 3 other links being used as...

Hi ALL ,I have issue with 2950 switch dot1x config is not working , but on 2960 its working fine .Below are the configs from both switches and a debug dot1x all snap , please share if any one have some idea what may be the issue with 2950 switch ...-...

I was contacted by a customer today who is trying to configure QoS on a 4500E with Sup7-E.  They are running: cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.02.00.SG.150-2.SG.bin and the 4500 is licensed for entrprise Services.  I don't have access to the switch and am...

Situation: My Network Intrusion Professor asked what is an obvious event when being attacked on devices.I thought I read that when a CISCO switch (or router) is being saturated and cannot handle the traffic going through it, it will reload.He says it...

what happens when a host’s MAC address is learned on one switch port, and thenthe host moves so that it appears on a different switch port?I read and what I know, the old port is deleted then it will be learend on the new port.but on switching book, ...

Hi,I have a 2960 switch to which printer is connectedport configuration is -#show run innt fa0/2interface fastethernet 0/2 !switchport access vlan 20Problem is, after some time, that port goes down and i have to restart the switch.But, when i connect...

Had a question regarding OSPF fast hello. Lets say i configure fast hello on an interface using the command:ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 5This means my dead interval is 1 second (this value never changes)This also means 5 hellos are...

In the past, I've had two routers, with 2 GRE tunnel interfaces each. When one tunnel would go down, EIGRP would instantly converge, and begin passing traffic through the secondary tunnel. I've since moved the secondary tunnel to a second router at e...

HelloI have a doub, I change only a chasis in a router 3845, but the "show version" command should be the same , except for the serial number and other parameter of time..  however, the number of serial interface change from 4 up to 2.. you know what...

rc5295509 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I was recently told to exclude an ip address from dhcp, so i wanted to go ahead and bind the address to the mac. i did the following :ip dhcp pool NAME > host 172.17.110.87/ (then accidently hit enter)upon doing this, the switch seems to ha...