Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions on LLQ

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everybody,

I hope you  all are doing fine, I could not find clear information about the following:

Policy-map CISCO

Class VOIP

priority

bandwidth 20M

Class HTTP

Bandwidth 10M

Class FTP

bandwidth 5M

1)Let say we have heavy traffic (20M)only in traffic class VOIP and there is no traffic in other traffic class. Will Class VOIP be able to use unused bandwidth from other classes?

2) Suppose there is no traffic in Class VOIP but there are traffic in other classes ( HTTP, FTP), will these class be able to use unused bandwidth of Class VOIP?

3) Suppose there is a traffic ( 10M) in class HTTP and in class VOIP ( 20M), will both Classes i.e Class VOIP and Class HTTP share the unused the bandwidth of 5M or is it only Class HTTP  that will use the all the unused bandwidth ?

Much appreciated and have a great weekend!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Both will share.

View solution in original post

Hello

Just like to add-

The priority command of the lllq will guarantee its specified value in times of congestion and won't exceed it in fact it can to begin to drop packets to sustain it's rate -However if there Is additional bandwidth available it can utilise It.

As for the other two scenarios I agree with Philip the bw will be shared among the traffic matching the classes

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Both will share.

Thanks Philip,

Hello

Just like to add-

The priority command of the lllq will guarantee its specified value in times of congestion and won't exceed it in fact it can to begin to drop packets to sustain it's rate -However if there Is additional bandwidth available it can utilise It.

As for the other two scenarios I agree with Philip the bw will be shared among the traffic matching the classes

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card