Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I am a bit confused regarding BPDU filtering, is the below correct? If a port with BPDU filtering and Portfast enabled receives a BPDU then the port status will change and portfast will be disabled and so will BPDU filtering then the port will p...

Sheraz_35 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! STP Query

i need some help to resolve STP related query.  we have Two Switch in which everything is same like MAC address ( Varitual MAC ), Route ID, interface cost, ( SW 1 interface f0/1 connected to Sw 2 int f0/2 & Sw 1 inter f0/2 connected to Sw2 int f0/1),...

Hi, what is VLAN spanning?  it's a question asked in an interview ,and I answered that extended VLAN is VLAN spanning(i.e. a single VLAN is presented in different switches in a switching environment)  can anybody tell me the answer?

vasanth77 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I see a strange behavior with split horizon with EIGRP and wants some clarification. Please see the topology ( attach picture). I am advertising 111.111.111.X to EIGRP. Router-2 Learns two route ; one from R3 and the other from R1 where it is...

I was looking for some guidance on a scenario that came up at a customer site. A little background first: The site has 1 public ip address with an 1841 and five 3750 switches behind it. They want me to help configure a telnet/ssh sessions for one of...

I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to securely establish a VPN tunnel that will connect multiple customers to a customer dedicated NAS located at my office (1 per customer) . The purpose is secure off site data backups.    I'd also like ...

In switch loggs we see:EEST: %SW_DAI-4-DHCP_SNOOPING_DENY: 1 Invalid ARPs (Res) on Fa0/21, vlan 196.([0022.3334.xxxx/192.168.1.254/00a0.d196.xxxx/xxx.xxx.57.52/11:45:23 EEST Mon Oct 19 2015])EEST: %SW_DAI-4-DHCP_SNOOPING_DENY: 1 Invalid ARPs (Res) on...

eXPlosion by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Alright, I'm hoping that someone can confirm or deny this. In our campus, we have a mix of single mode & multimode fiber cabling between floors & buildings. I have always been an advocate of keeping things simple and the same, but unfortunately the...

I am going to upgrade the VSS license on WS-C4507R+E . The below Cisco document says to shut down all the non-ISL link, install the license, then shut the VSL link and reboot the primary switch. There will be more down time and might need the console...

I am trying to add a new VLAN to our network. I created the new sub interface(vlan 60) and copied all settings from vlan 20 which is already existing and does have internet access. We are using a Netgear GS724TPS as a switch. I have the port untag...

TheIPOTek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes