Views
Helpful
Replies

rate limiting bandwidth on a 3750X

philbe
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i'm looking to limit bandwidth in and out of a port on a 3750X to 40Mb.

Just wondering what is the best practice , i've found a couple of solutions that i think should work, but am open to offers

interface g1/0/1

speed 100

srr-queue bandwidth limit 40

or

policy-map 40meg

class rate-limit

police 40000000 192000 exceed-action drop

!

int g1/0/1

service-policy input 40meg

thanks

phil

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Your other option for controlling output bandwidth would be to use SRR shaping.  This should be more accurate than interface bandwidth limit.

PS:

Although both shaping and policing regulate traffic rate, their impact to that traffic (when it's regulated) can be quite different as shaping buffers excess while policing drops it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card