Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

6500 is core switch, have 2 vlanvlan 101 (server)ip add 172.16.1.254/24vlan  22 (client)ip add 172.16.22.254/24interface Vlan101ip address 172.16.1.254 255.255.255.0ip helper-address 172.16.1.102no ip proxy-arp!interface Vlan22ip address 172.16.22.25...

wisit_jan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello - can control plane traffic cause a stormImagine a looped triangle topology with VLAN 1 passing all the control plane traffic over the interconnecting dot1q trunks as usual. Lets say STP does NOT successfully converge on VLAN 1 for whatever rea...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there.Doing a lab to play with a combination of features.Having trouble with connections between 2 VLANs.I am doing NAT, Policy Based Routing (PBR) and HSRP on two routers.The routers are cisco 1921 running (C1900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(2)TF...

Hello All,i have new chassis with VS-sup2t i found class-map preconfigured can explain why these configured and do i have to delete ?class-map match-any class-copp-icmp-redirect-unreachableclass-map match-all class-copp-gleanclass-...

Steev112 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know why there is a disparity between the power consumption for PoE calculatorand spec sheet ? What is being factor in the calculator?WS-C3750X-48P-S(715W) : spec sheet say default PoE power of 370 WBut the calculator has it as Total PoE ...

xayavongp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm looking to create a new DMZ VLAN that is only accessible via our firewall, but I'm thinking of a few different ways to stop inter VLAN routing to this VLAN and was wondering what the best way of doing it would be?The network simplistically...

Most of the reference material I have seen on cisco.com has RT video being marked DSCP 34 and mapped to a CBWFQ.However, part of the Enterprise MediaNet QoS Design document refers to TelePresence traffic being in the strict priority queue which shoul...

gmckay2e2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I always hear that you cannot have a router act as a VTP server to propagate all your VLAN settings out to your switches. I have a Cisco 3550 Switch which is doing inter vlan routing. Can I set this to be in VTP server mode? Its a switch, yet its doi...

ZaneZ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey everyone, I am running a stack of 3750s (8) at the data center core. It's been up and running for over 2 years with no major issues so far (did I just jinx myself?). Issue is, they are all running the Version 12.2(55)SE1 of the IOS. Is there any ...

Ricky S by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes