Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirecting windows update request to WSUS via router or L3/L2 switch

Hi,

Am not sure whether my posting is relevant here or not but I have a simple question regarding redirecting all request of windows update from local network to our WSUS server hosted locally as well. Can it be done using policy based routing or access list on router or L3/L2 switch ? If yes, how do I configure it? The reason behind this; we want to reduce bandwidth utilization from 20+ windows machine from updating themselves directly from internet.

Thank you very much for your advice and suggestion.

Regards,

Alex

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The best method to redirect the clients is to use group, policy in windows. Use group policy to point clients to your WSUS server.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

Krash Mole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alexander,

the best way would be to configure your GPO in windows or your domain controller.

please find attachments

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The best method to redirect the clients is to use group, policy in windows. Use group policy to point clients to your WSUS server.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Krash Mole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alexander,

the best way would be to configure your GPO in windows or your domain controller.

please find attachments

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Appreciate it. Will look into your suggestion.

Regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: