Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy configuration

Biju KIV
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to know the configuration for the attached image.

There is fiber connected from Cisco 24 P to Cisco 12P fiber switch

2 fiber from 24 P and connecting to each port of Cisco 12P

If one of the Cisco 12 P (main) fails it should take the other Cisco 12P (redundancy)

P-R.jpg

6 Replies 6

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

Stack the two 12XS together using Ports 1 and 2. After that, it's just like linking two switches together with a LACP LAG, one switch being the 12XS stack and the other one being the 24P-4X.

Kris K

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One of the suggestion made on other post, you can stack the swithes to become logically one.

But the question here is is the end device have dual home connection to get out when one fails ?

even with your setup also work if the end device have dual connection to both 12X - but stacking is good way to achieve.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

In the 12P switch there is no stacking. Its a individual switch. 

Can I use channel mode 1 group for all the port for LACP redundancy. Or should I give channel 1, channel 2, channel 3..etc for each trunk port for redundancy

Regards

Biju

Or there is any other steps

port-channel from where to where ? You can not create disjoint device with port-channel configuration towards end device.

you can have end device support daul home, then you can configure access port on each switch and end device need to figure it out when failover take place.

better is stack them (if you can)

BB

The 12P switch are without stacking. from 24p Switch there will be 2 single mode fiber cable connecting to each of 12P switch

Regards

Biju

i have explained above both the scenarios choose which ever suitable to environment.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card