Views
Helpful
Replies

Restored configuration Nexus N5K suddenly reload

J0ejohn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience when restored configuration Nexus 5596 suddenly device reload? Please advice

Below my method :

# copy bootflash:test.txt running-config
#feature set is installed already
#Warning: When Cisco determines that a fault or defect can be traced to the use of third-party transceivers installed by a customer or reseller, then, at Cisco's discretion, Cisco may withhold support under warranty or a Cisco support program. In the course of providing support for a Cisco networking product Cisco may require that the end user install Cisco transceivers if Cisco determines that removing third-party parts will assist Cisco in diagnosing the cause of a support issue.

#...

#The system is going down for reboot NOW!
#INIT: Sending processes the KILL signal
#Sending all processes the TERM signal...

Thanks all.

Regards,-

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review the test.txt configuration , make sure it does not involve 'direct reboot' commands or similar , if not and you want to try this again then configure a syslog server on the nexus first. Examine logs send to the syslog server when this problem and or test would be repeated.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As  suggested, we need to know what is in the test.txt file ? why you looking to copy in running config (if yo are not saved the config, that will be lost after reboot)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi balaji,

My purpose is to restore configuration from the previous device (hardware failure), or is there any procedure that i miss or wrong?

Thanks.

Regards,- 

understand, you can also open the text file and read the contend and paste to device in config mode see what is wrong in the config, rather blidly copy without knowing.

by the way are you replacing same model of switch ? (may be not see any where in the post so)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card