Level 1

Hi

i am using 2821 router with (C2800NM-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(3i),

I want to enable the BGP , but the Version of this IOS not supporting ,,

advice me and how to do it

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mohan,

Your image doesn't show any support for BGP. If you want to stick to this train of images you need to upgrade to either of these:

Or alternatively use an image listed in the attachment in previous post.

I hope this helps.

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

You have 2 options that will allow you to run BGP on this router.

1) you can upgrade the IOS to a more recent version of IP Base. Cisco made changes in the content of IP Base and in recent versions BGP is included in IP Base. If you have a maintenance contract for this router then the upgrade of version should be covered.

2) you can purchase a feature upgrade license to allow you to upgrade to a different feature set which would include BGP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Could you tell us the full image name please.

Thank you...

You can use the cisco feature navigator to find out: http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/

Attached is a spreadsheet of all IOS images that support BGP for your platform.

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Bilal

Image : c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-3i.bin

Hello Mohan,

Your image doesn't show any support for BGP. If you want to stick to this train of images you need to upgrade to either of these:

Or alternatively use an image listed in the attachment in previous post.

I hope this helps.

You have 2 options that will allow you to run BGP on this router.

1) you can upgrade the IOS to a more recent version of IP Base. Cisco made changes in the content of IP Base and in recent versions BGP is included in IP Base. If you have a maintenance contract for this router then the upgrade of version should be covered.

2) you can purchase a feature upgrade license to allow you to upgrade to a different feature set which would include BGP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card