Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Required

puneet_kandwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a very basic port density based requirement which should provide the cheapest solution...My requirement is :

1. 3 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

2. 1 port of VWIC2-2MFT-G703...

Kindly let me know if EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU can be taken in 1921 router to suffice the requirement as this comes out to be the cheapest solution.

I have reservations about EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU as this can support upto 800Mbps of throughput.

Or do I need to go with 2911 which has 3 onboard 10/100/1000 ports...

Kindly help...

Regards

Puneet

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Puneet,

I would go with 2911.  This way, you can use the 3 10/100/1000 onboard ports and have more room for feature expiation.

HTH

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

On the safer side, I would also like to go in for 2911 based solution, but this being a tender based requirement, I am required to look for a cheapest solution available.

Best Regards

Puneet

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Before I could even recommend what router you should use, can you please elaborate what you are trying to do?  What speed do you hope to achieve with your WAN?

Hi,

This is a tender requirement, I do understand that for exact sizing of any solution, details of the traffic and application to be supported are required..

But given the basic specifications to be met i.e

1. 3 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

2. 1 port of VWIC2-2MFT-G703...

I am looking for a cheapest solution that can suffice the TENDER requirment...

Any solution that I propose will come with a disclaimer that for exact sizing application and traffic details are required"

Rgds

Puneet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card