cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing between vrf

jwilde
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where i have a default vrf and a Video vrf.  Is there a way without BGP to route between the two.  The reason being is my Video needs to get an ip from a dhcp server on the default and all the multicast is originating from the default as well.  I've been trying to figure it out, but it seems like it can't happen which i would understand.  

4 Replies 4

jwilde
Level 1
Level 1
this is on ios-xr i forgot to add that.

Hi

Have you tried importing the route-targe on each other VRF or using mapping to leak specific networks?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

can you give me an example? i haven't found anything that supports that but that was my goal.

Hi

For example:

ip vrf A

rd 1:1

route-target export 1:1

route-target import 1:1

route-target import 2:2

ip vrf B

rd 2:2

route-target export 2:2

route-target import 2:2

route-target import 1:1

Other way could be, (im a little bit rusty but I will test it later)

access-list 10 permit x.x.x.x <wildcard>   ---> Host or subnet to be leaked into the other VRF.

route-map LEAKING permit 5

match ip address 10

set extcommunity rt <route-target> additive   --> the route target should be the other VRF route target. 

ip vrf A

rd 1:1

route-target  export 1:1

route-target  import 1:1

export map LEAKING

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card