cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Issues

pablo.arcelcr
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 routers connected to my network: R1 has a default route that should send traffic to R2 and in R2 I have a static route specifying that send the traffic from PC  to R3. but I'm not able to get the PC to ping 10.154.240.19

What could be the issues? 

I'm attaching the topology that I'm setting up.

Any advise will be welcomed

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why does R2 have a route for the PC pointing to R3 because that is not how to reach the PC.

Can you explain what you are trying to do ?

Jon

R3 is my Internet Router.

But Im cofused because R1 has a default route so it will send the traffic to R2 but I need that the PC reach the Internet Router.

So What I need to do to reach R3 and I cannot modify the default route because it is in use by other PCs

You would normally have a default route on R2 pointing to R3 and then each router will also need to know how to get back to the internal subnets.

But your IP addressing is confusing in the diagram ie. it looks like everything is on the same subnet.

I am also not clear what you mean when you say you cannot modify the default route because it is in use by other PCs.

Can you fill in all the IP addressing in your diagram ie. all the router interface IPs.

Jon

Attached you'll find my whole topology connectivity

R1 have a default route to R2

R2 have a delafult route to R4

But I need that the PC instead of going to R4 for Internet Connectivity use R3.

I don't know if that is more clear

You need to use PBR then if you want to use a different internet connection for that specific PC.

So on R2 you need to add this configuration -

"access-list 101 permit ip host 10.154.28.10 any"

"route-map PBR permit 10"
"match ip address 101"
"set ip next-hop 10.154.240.19"

"int <x/y>" <--- this is R2's interface that connects to R1
"ip policy route-map PBR"

note also that R3 will need a return route for the PC IP address if it does not already have it ie. -

"ip route 10.154.28.10 255.255.255.255 10.154.240.18"

try that and let me know how you get on.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card