Views
Helpful
Replies

RSP720 Fails, Hanging in "rommon1> " prompt

viveksrivastava
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 7606-S with dual RSP720-3CXL. Devices reloaded and now none of the RSPs are booting.

When I have tried to take the console using only one RSP, card going to rommon mode after that it hangs. I guess its firmware is currupted. Can any one suggest some recovery action???

Regards,

Vivek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See if your image is in flash and then try issueing the boot command.  Sometimes the config register comes incorrect from the factory , have seen it more than once. Also there are 2 config registers , one for the switch processor and one for the route processor , make sure both are 0x2102 .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nimalrajphilips
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vivek, Did you manage to resolve this issue. I am experincing the same issue. If  you could give some information about the troubleshooting steps, it will be really helpfull.

Thanks

NP

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See if your image is in flash and then try issueing the boot command.  Sometimes the config register comes incorrect from the factory , have seen it more than once. Also there are 2 config registers , one for the switch processor and one for the route processor , make sure both are 0x2102 .

Hi,

console access is geting hang after "rommon1>" prompt so i am not even able to see the config-register values. Is anyone know any type of PC-consle port within module as similer to FWSM ???

Regards,

Vivek

Hi,

I got the solution...

I have tried with different console cable and PC as well as interchnaged the RSP720 and got rommon access without hange. Then it becom easy to boot the RSP720 with boot command. Further I saw that SP config-reg value is changed to 0x0 as well as IOS image found currupted.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card