cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSPAN Not an option on 2960-s

dpeterson309
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure vlan 900 as a remote span VLAN on a 2960-s following this guide. However, I don't seem to have the option for a VLAN. See the below image

image.png

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Just some background. I had firmware 15.2.2 on this switch. I tried downgrading to 15.0.2 to see if that would fix it. It did not, but it did fix an issue where an ether-channel would not come up. Has anyone seen this issue before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so your switch is not a LAN base switch and so it does not support this feature. When you purchase a non-LAN base switch, it can't be changed to a LAN base switch.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this a LAN base switch?

From the config guide you referred to:

To use RSPAN, the switch must be running the LAN Base image.

HTH

That makes sense. I have the universal image installed. However, when I try to find a lanbase image for this switch, I don't see one. I only see the universal images listed. Is RSPAN an optional/licensed feature? I'm not sure I really understand the difference between the two.

Ok, so your switch is not a LAN base switch and so it does not support this feature. When you purchase a non-LAN base switch, it can't be changed to a LAN base switch.

HTH

dpeterson309
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. Didn't realize the S models had two different versions. This is one of the lite ones. It was already scheduled to be replaced next year by a set of 9300's anyway, so I guess I will just be waiting until then. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card