Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

security license problem

Dear all

I have cisco 1941 router . i want to install security license . but i am facing a problem that

After copying the license file to the router, i gets this error message when i tries to install the license:

pune#license install flash:FHK134278KP_20102226000803344.lic
Installing licenses from "flash:FHK134278KP_20102226000803344.lic"
% Error: Install failed. UDI CISCO1941:FHK143278KP on license does not match any
device
0/1 licenses were successfully installed
0/1 licenses were existing licenses
1/1 licenses were failed to install

can anybody help me?

what should i have to do?

4 Replies 4

IAN WHITMORE
Level 4
Level 4

Is the license registered with tthe serial number of the router?

yes WHITMORE the license is registered with serial no. of the router

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Seems like you have license issue.

You can enable advanced features by activating a software license on the Universal image. In previous generations of access routers, these feature sets required you to download a new software image. Technology packages and feature licenses, enabled through the Cisco software licensing infrastructure, simplify software delivery and decrease the operational costs of deploying new features.

Four major technology licenses are available on the Cisco 1941 Series Integrated Services Routers; you can activate the licenses through the Cisco software activation process identified at http://www.cisco.com/go/sa.

Please see the below link for more informaiton.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10538/data_sheet_c78_556319.html

Hope this helps you.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chandrakant

I had the same issue, and opened a TAC case, to get a new license.

The new one I got worked OK.

The new license wasn't the same size as the faulty one, so probably some errors has slipped in.

/Mikael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card