Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP module for SC Connectors Fiber

Ehsan M.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Are there any SFP modules for Cisco Catalyst 2960-S (or 2960-X) switches that is compatible with SC connectors fiber (Multi Mode 1Gbps uplink connectivity). We are currently using optical convertors to convert 100 BaseFX SC Connector Fiber to 100 Base-TX in order to connect it via Cat5 cable to the switch. We are planning to upgrade our switches (Preferably to 2960-S or 2960-X series) so that we can get rid of these fiber convertors and plug in the SC connector fiber directly to the switch using supported SFP modules. We only need 1Gbps uplink to the core switch.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

markeelen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
As far as I know, all SFP modules are LC connectors, you could get SC to LC patchleads if you change.
Cheers
Mark

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One can quite readily order SC-LC multimode duplex jumpers from your SC patch panel to the LC-compatible SFP transceivers. I do it all the time in customer environments. In fact, it's probably the most common scenario.

logoz7
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about a similar situation.

my provider uses an sc connection with the sfp in the modem.

I want to use my own cisco router as my gateway device. 

Can I find a module for my router 2851/2951 that would allow me to plug in my provider's sfp with the fiber?

because the i've realised that my provider's SFP is much longer than the regular SFPs for the switches.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card