cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg300-10mp reboots when I plug in cable

repulsor
Level 1
Level 1

For a couple years, this switch has been trouble free.  Now, all of a sudden I've noticed that it likes to randomly reboot.

If I unplug all cables from it and start to plug them back in, its ok for the first cable.  Second cable plugged in... reboots. 

Device on the other end of the cable doesn't matter.  Even reboots when I plug in both sides of the same cable to two different ports.  Switch side port selection doesn't matter either

I have reset to factory defaults, re-flashed with most recent (and second most recent) firmware versions. I also turned off IPv6 and any green ethernet features.  Still the same behavior

I'm thinking this switch is experiencing hardware death.  Any other things I might try before it goes to the recycler?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm thinking this switch is experiencing hardware death.  Any other things I might try before it goes to the recycler?

I think, you are wright. If you have support on it, you can RMA it back to Cisco for replacement, if not it goes to a recycle bin.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think, you are wright. If you have support on it, you can RMA it back to Cisco for replacement, if not it goes to a recycle bin.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card