Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 multiple vlans with multiple routers to talk to one IP Address

giorgos78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I was assigned a task to configure an SG300-28P to have 3 different vlans.

VLAN1 192.168.0.0

VLAN2 192.168.1.0

VLAN3 192.168.2.0

Now on VLAN1 their will be only one device configured with static IP 192.168.0.230

On the other 2 VLANS there will be a separate router connected on each one of them and will also act as a DHCP server.

E.G

G1=VLAN1 = Device with IP 192.168.0.230

G2-G8=VLAN2

G2 will be connected to a router with dhcp 192.168.1.0/24

G9-G15=VLAN3

G9 will be connected to a another router with dhcp 192.168.2.0/24

What i want is to have all the users on VLAN2 and VLAN3 to talk to the device in VLAN1 with IP 192.168.0.230 but i dont want them to have any access between each other.

I have managed to setup the above scenario but i am unable to make VLAN2 and VLAN3 see VLAN1 IP Address 192.168.0.230

Any help will be much appreciated.

George

4 Replies 4

Hi George,

just trying to undrestand.

So you want vlan 2 and vlan 3 to talk to vlan 1 but dont want communication between vlan 2 and vlan 3

if that's the case then you can use either ACL to filter the traffic or VACL to limit the traffic.

can you pls share the configuration of the switch to help us better

Thanks,

-Vijay

Hello Vijay

Actually i have just reset everything to the default settings.

Lets forget at the moment the connection between VLAN2 and VLAN3. What matters most is that both vlans should see VLAN1.

Now as i said keep in mind that on VLAN2 there is one simple router connected that provides internet and dhcp access to the other devices which are connected on VLAN2 and also on VLAN3 another simple router thats does the same as the router on VLAN2.

I need some guidance as to how to make these 2 vlans be able to ping succesfully the device on vlan1.

Thanks

George,

I have not worked with SG300 but would like to have some clarity.

Which device is performing inter-vlan routing? is it SG300? if yes, then we can create SVI's on that and add SVI's interface IP  as the default gateway  for those vlan's hosts and then you should be able to perform inter-vlan routing.

HTH

-Vijay

The problem is that i dont know how to do that with this switch as everything is GUI and there is no IOS CLI to work on.

I am trying to switch it to Layer3 mode and see how it goes.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card