cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350X-24 switch overheating, shuts down ports under low stress

HarryKemp0646
Level 1
Level 1

i have been recieving the following error on my SG350X-24 managed switch. it only occurs when we plug 2 devices into the switch's 10gbe ports (rj45, not sfp+), even when no data is being transferred over the 10gbe lines, the fans go from level 0, through 1-2-3-4 and then 5, followed shortly after by the following warning:

%Environment-A-ENV-MONITOR-CHNG: sensor 4 (Phy) temperature 99C .Temperature reached the critical threshold, All ports will be shut down in 2 minutes

the ports then shut down. the switch is cool to touch during this whole process.

switches are in a 25°C environment with good airflow.

i have two of these switches, linked together with an sfp+ cable. when i try the same test, but have 1x device connected to 1x rj45 10gbe port on each switch, instead of both on the same switch, there is no problem.

any ideas? i found another topic with similar reported issues with a SG500 a few years ago, looks like it was resolved with a firmware update, but i can't find any info about my switch in particular. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux37567/?rfs=iqvred

thanks!

15 Replies 15

freeurmind
Level 1
Level 1

@Martin Aleksandrov 

Hello,

I applied the latest firmware update (2.5.7.85) on my SG350X-24 with SN DNI240705UK and I hadn’t any additional issues with this update for the moment. I saw that this latest firmware update has raised the temperature limit to 103 degree celsius for the sensor 4. I had to add a fan pointing to the heat sink of the Marvel 88X3220-BTH4 chipset in order to avoid reach the temperature limit. 

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card