Views
Helpful
Replies

SHUT Port log

Hamed Karimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there any log that we can enable on switches until when a cable is plugged into a shutdown port, log creates something to make admin aware?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

with EEM (Embedded Event Manager) you could periodicly activate all the ports which are shutdown, report the link status if "up" and shut the ports down again after it.

This shouldn't be very difficult but I doubt that it's worth the effort.

If you consider it as suitable however, there's a EEM section in CSC where you find many examples and qualified help.

Best regards

Rolf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I do not think you can do this. A shut down port will not detect anything being plugged in as it has disabled functionality at the relevant layers.

So if the switch will not detect the port because its shut down, how will it generate the log?

Not possible, unless I don't know of a feature that enables us to do this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi,

with EEM (Embedded Event Manager) you could periodicly activate all the ports which are shutdown, report the link status if "up" and shut the ports down again after it.

This shouldn't be very difficult but I doubt that it's worth the effort.

If you consider it as suitable however, there's a EEM section in CSC where you find many examples and qualified help.

Best regards

Rolf

I overead the question,I am sorry Fr wrong info the one which I gave will log the port going up and down, but not the one were port is already shutdown ....
Currently we don't have this feature available .
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card