cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%SM-SP-4-PERSIST: Persistent event 'link_down' did not leave the current state 'link_down':

halima.naboulsi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had these logs on my cisco 6506-E with the new IOS: s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI5.bin

Feb 21 09:12:28 MET: %SM-SP-4-PERSIST: Persistent event 'link_down' did not leave the current state 'link_down': pm_port 1/7

Feb 21 09:20:25 MET: %SM-SP-4-PERSIST: Persistent event 'link_down' did not leave the current state 'link_down': pm_port 1/7

Feb 21 09:21:07 MET: %SM-SP-4-PERSIST: Persistent event 'link_down' did not leave the current state 'link_down': pm_port 1/7

Feb 21 09:35:50 MET: %SM-SP-4-PERSIST: Persistent event 'link_down' did not leave the current state 'link_down': pm_port 1/7

Feb 21 09:57:09 MET: %SM-SP-4-PERSIST: Persistent event 'link_down' did not leave the current state 'link_down': pm_port 1/7

The latest change that I made on my C6506 was the upgrade to the new IOS listed above.

Could you, please, help me to understand this error message?

Thanks and Regards,

Halima

7 Replies 7

abhischa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Halima,

I checked and found that the messages you are getting are purely cosmetic and not disruptive. The error means that an attempt was made to post a 
persistent event that would have caused an infinite loop in a state machine.

We can safely ignore these error messages.

Cheers,
Abhishek.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Thank you Abhischa.

I had the same interpretation from the Output Interpreter.

Could you tell me what could be causing this message?

Because I don't have a monitor session configuration to a port 1/7, it's so strange for me.

Thanks and Regards,

Halima

Xingxing Zhang
Spotlight
Spotlight

Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

I encountered the same problem, how to solve ah

25w4d: %SM-SW1_SP-4-PERSIST: Persistent event 'link_down' did not leave the current state 'link_down': pm_port 22/37

Thanks jerry,

I think the workaround is to disable the monitor session.

I'm glad to have found this here.  But I had to do it by way of Google.

How were mere mortals (non-Cisco employees, but with CCO accounts) to find this information? 

This alarm brings up nothing useful in Alarm Interpreter and nothing at all in  Output Interpreter or Bug Search.

Jesper Joensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

FYI

The problem persists in

s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ5.bin

:-(

Regards Jesper

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card