Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart license connection failed notification on switch

osw200051
Level 1
Level 1

Dear expert,

Since Cisco new switch need to use Cisco Smart license for registration.

I have few Cisco 9300 switch with version 1.9.x. It need Smart license, I have registered the C9300 to smart license successfully.

But i have a question, if the connection of switch to Internet is failed, or the license is entered Evaluation Mode, would the switch can trigger this fault and send notification through SNMP? It is needed for me to monitor the smart license connection on end switches

Thanks

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my understanding of new Smart Licensing. if you more device in the network Cisco recomend to have smart licensing server on site, so your local device can contact them easily get update.

if the switch activate license with internet, and brought back to local network and which do not have internet for around 90 days, it will be treat as not contactable to license server, Cisco  code run in to evalution mode.

here is more information :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/software/smart-accounts/q-and-a-c67-741561.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks.

But if the device lost Internet and then run on evaluation mode, any notification we can get on this change from switch or from Cisco?
Thanks
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card