Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3650 Takes more than 2 hours to boot after upgrading to Denali

ciscoforcop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi fellas,

I upgraded IOS-XE on a 3650 switch from version 03.07.05E to Denali 16.03.07 and now it takes more than 2 hours to fully boot.  I downgraded it to version 03.07.05E and problem is the same.  I also tried Everest 16.06.05 but no help.  Has anyone experienced this issue?  The boot loader is version 4.66 after upgraded to Denali.

4 Replies 4

Hi this can be a hardware issue. Are you getting any warning or error messages on console output?
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is not correct behavior.  From one major upgrade to another the maximum boot time is 20 minutes. I would open a ticket with TAC and have them look into it.

HTH 

kongali79
Level 1
Level 1

I had same problem when upgrading from v16.9.1 to v16.9.3. It took more than 2 hours (2.5hours) to fully boot switches. I had this issue with more than 5 switches and all of them are CAT3650. This cause long down time to our production environment :-(((((. Some of CAT3650 and CAT3850 didn't take that long time to boot up., but......

I upgraded due to memory leakage on SASRcvWQWrk2 process. but looks like the memory leakage is still remaining and this will be fixed in next release: 16.9.4 that is planned for middle of August 2019 and 16.12.1 that is planned for the beginning of August 2019. So this mean I've to go through all this "#¤"# again..... and the customer will not be happy at all because of the long boot time/down time . The maintenance window is just 1.5 hours every night........!!!!!

Message on the console was: Loading image into memory........

Regards

Al

any bugs id to trace that issue?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card