Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I want tp upgrade a catalyst "WS-C6506-E" with  Supervisor Engine 720 10G, MSFC3 Daughterboard VS-F6K-MSFC3 from  12.2(33)SXJ to 151-2.SY12. After the upgrading do I need to install a new license or the old license will be used automatically?   

what is the reasons for this and how can I get back my postits very important and there is a lot of  important replies and conversation in itcan you please help me

Capture.PNG

We have a 3850-24T showing high packet drops on some interfaces, have read various post and recommendations around this but my suspicion is the switch may have been underspec'd, from day 1 and any buffer tweaking will yield little/no benefit.   Is th...

Hello, I'm trying to find out what type of USB ports are on the CP-8861. I have read the data sheet.Contacted support (who sent me here after a long run around) though I have no clear answer. .5A, 5V suggests USB 2.0 and I'm guessing from the picture...

datasheet8861.PNG
C.oReilly by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,   I am working on a scenario where i have application firewall in place at edge of the network (internet edge) for the purpose of application and content filtering, besides that i have Cisco 3750 switch which is right now configured with a ...

M Talha by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I have been trying to use XG4/XG3 With a SFP+ and it well not come up on the switch. I can Plug them in to my SG300 and they come right up, Does not matter if I use a DAC, SFP or SFP+. I can see that both Transceivers are on. Are XG3/XG4 For Trunk...

Snows by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have configured automatitic archivation of running config via archive command to TFTP server. I have done the same configuration on 8 switches, but 4 of them doesnt archive config properly, they archive "blank" cfg 1kB of size. If I use write c...

vlad09 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have this cisco 6509 switch which belongs to a government organization, they brought me to diagnoze itit hasn't been operated since 1.5 years, they only opened it a month ago to try to diagnose it. anyway, problem is that when i connect a host to a...

Created an access list that will give vlan 100 (192.168.100.0/24) access to only 192.168.50.3/32 IP only. The rest will be denied.  ip access-list Test11 permit ip 192.168.50.3/32 any Vlan interface 100ip access-group test out Note that the gateway o...

slimer411 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes