cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Licensing RMA

ryancisco01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we just RMA'd a nexus 9k, the old device was converted to smart licensing during a firmware upgrade, the new device we put directly on the new firmware (10.4) so our usual process of conversion doesn't work on this smart license only firmware, what exactly do we need to do to register the new device with our on premise license server?

I had added the call-home config same as our other devices, I generated an idtoken in the portal, then run:  " license smart trustSwitching, idtoken tokencode all" but it doesn't seem to do anything when i do show license all I see "Trust Code installed: <none> " and event log is not showing any attempts to do anything

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco TAC able to transfer this License for you, or contact License team over Live chat they can sort for you.

Smart License should give you 90days License - not sure why this was not the case, may be different in Nexus (not sure never faced this issue related to smart License).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For this, I recommend that you work with your sales rep or Cisco SE to help you resolve this. Cisco does not make it easy, and there is a process to go from smart licensing to on-premises. They may even ask you to open a ticket to start the process, but the best is to let them help you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/licensing-options/cisco-nexus-licensing-options-guide.html

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card