cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP comm problems with MIB

Hugo BEF
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect to a cbs220 switch using SNMP. The goal is to retrieve information from this switch to monitor it better. In order to do so I use Niagara and its nSNMP driver. First of all, it was really hard to find the right MIB file, if you have documentation on all these It would be helpful. The thing is that when I import the file, I get these kinds of error:

Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1155-SMI.mib: line 32:
unexpected token "SMI" <IDENTIFIER_STRING>, expected "::="

SMI IpAddress
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1155-SMI.mib: line 32:

SMI IpAddress
^

SMI IpAddress
^
Error: in RFC-1212: line 70:
undefined symbol 'NetworkAddress'
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 15:
undefined symbol 'mgmt'

mib-2 OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mgmt 1 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 37:
referenced value is not an object identifier

system OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 1 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 39:

interfaces OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 2 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 41:

at OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 3 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 43:

ip OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 4 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 45:

icmp OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 5 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 47:

tcp OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 6 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 49:

udp OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 7 }
^
Error: in C:\Users\Julien\Downloads\MIBs_CBS220_2.0.1.5\RFC1213-MIB.mib: line 51:

egp OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 8 }

Any ideas why? It seems like there lacks a sort of library or something like that?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like some of the MIB having issue, try normal snmpwalk

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

Thanks for replying. What do you mean by normal snmpwalk. I do not have the option to do so. I have to add a MIB file.

now sure what NMS is this ? any NMS have snmpwalk what is the outcome with that snmpwalk ?

BB

I am sorry but I do not understand by NMS. I am using the platform Niagara4 to communicate with it and it seems like it does not have a standard snmpwalk. I only have the option to walk a MIB file. 

Niagara4 this is platform you using, you need to refer their documentation how you need to configure.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card