Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP V3 configuration on ISR4321 for Entuity NMS

santoshdpawar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Techs,

Could you please help with the SNMP V3 configuration on ISR4321 for Entuity NMS tool. The ISR is discoverable via SNMP V1 or V2c. I have below commands on the router and the device is getting certified but there are no interfaces or data present.

snmp-server group group1 v3 auth read V3Read write V3Write
snmp-server user user1 group1 v3 auth md5 user1pass
snmp-server view V3Read iso included
snmp-server view V3Write iso included
snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 version 3 auth user1
snmp-server enable traps

There are some posts asking to add SNMP local/remote Engine ID with port. Is it required ? Also the udp port required is usual 161/162 ?

Regards,

Santosh

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Heres a working one of my  4331 routers that works fine with Prime and pulls all stats inetrfaces etc , ive obscured the keys for security but create your own , the engine should be automatically generated

snmp-server group MSNMPV3 v3 priv access 3
snmp-server group MSNMPV3RW v3 priv write v3write access 9

snmp-server user networkadmn MSNMPV3 v3 auth SHA xxxxxxxxxx priv aes 128 xxxxxxxxx  access 3

snmp-server user networkadmnrw MSNMPV3RW v3 auth SHA xxxxxxxxxx priv aes 128 xxxxxxxxxx access 9

Does that mean, I do not to contact NMS tool vendor for MIB's ? Cause the configuration does looks similar for us.

Im not aware of that particular collector/monitoring system to make a call on its MIBS or what way it operates but the reason i supplied that as in Prime you can have multiple snmpv3 setups/configs so i thought you could try that and see if it works for you better on one of your devices as a test before you need to engage the vendor

Thanks Mark. I will try that and confirm.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card