cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Licensing with SUP7-E

mlinder01
Level 1
Level 1

If i order SUP7-E not in a bundle i will get "IP BASE" as default feature set...correct?

Thanks
Manuel

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manuel,

Yes, if you don't want to pay for IP services license then you get IP base.

I am also assuming there is price difference between the 2 images below

( 1 )S45U-31-01XO
CAT4500e SUP7e Universal Image
( 1 )S45UK9-31-01XO
CAT4500e SUP7e Universal Crypto Image

HTH

Reza

kyle woodhouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

4500X, WS-X45-SUP7L-E, WS-X45-SUP7-E and the new SUP8  licenses used to be one license per chassis and the license was tied to  the serial number of the chassis.  Recently Cisco changed some policies  on licensing with the latest software update and as of IOS XE 3.4.xSG  and later the licenses are now Right to Use (RTU).  This means you wont  have to go through the painful PAK activation process and tie the PAK to  the serial number of the chassis and then apply the license to the  chassis etc.  But you do have to be running the new IOS version for this  to work. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_27990-01.html

"Cisco IOS XE Software Release 3.4.2SG introduces the Permanent Right-to-Use (PRTU) license feature."

This is brand new so if anyone gets a chance to test it out please update us.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: