Views
Helpful
Replies

Spanning tree Portfast Issue

NitinPowar99674
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

We have a catalyst 9200 switch and a bare metal server connected on it. We have configured the spanning-tree portfast on a port. For the last 3-4 months it's been working fine but firm last week it's not performing well. interface protocol and state are up, but we cannot ping the server but switch to learn the MAC address of the server.

After wiping out spanning-tree portfast cmd, we could ping the server.

Need your assistance on why it's happened.

note: we have another a bare metal server that is connected on the same switch and port configured in spanning-tree portfast

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have done any patching on the Server ? what logs you see on the Switch ?

I do not believe this is issue with spanning tree here (hgih level as per the information)

Put the config back and test with other device see if that works ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your reply

For 1st question

It does not specify any related issue. It's showing only changed
configuration, manually shut, and no shut interface.

But I will try using another device.

Also post the configm what device and IOS code running, if you looking forther help here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@MHM Cisco World .??

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I correct my answer below. 
don't worry no more FOLLOW word
LOL

@MHM Cisco World Ok  , but I already explained to you what the correct way to FOLLOW is -> ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/nx-os-software/213906-nexus-9000-mac-move-troubleshooting-and.html

Issue and Solution. 
the Server is face mac move and make NSK not learn it MAC any more. 
check Server side.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card