cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spanning-tree portfast trunk

knaik99
Level 1
Level 1

Switch is connected to router and on switch ,BPDU guard is enabled globally and on switch port going to router--we have command spanning-tree portfast trunk

and now switch port going to router is in error-disabled state so shall we remove command 

spanning-tree portfast trunk?

5 Replies 5

what is the reason for err-disabled. you can se that on console, when plugs the cable between router and switch

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what spanning tree running, if that is the router (as end device it has no effect)

is this single link or port-channel trunk ? what other config in the port  ? (show run interface x/x - post switch and router)

error disable can cause many reasons, so you need to see what is teh reason ?  show interfaces status err-disabled

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

are you use the ethernet module of router or router-port ?

knaik99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i checked the switch port and we are seeing input errors and CRC errors .also I put command sh interfaces status error-disabled and it is showing reason link flap so Do i have to check physical layer?

Yes sure, also check the MTU in both side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card