cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRND Camus Design Ques

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Plan to redesign the attach visio network and using the SRND "High Availability Campus Network Design-Routed Access Layer using EIGRP or OSPF" as a reference. All equipment will be in one location which is our datacenter so no IDF/MDF. Will also plan to use OSPF and MST. I am accustom to L2 design but plan to move to L3 design and so my following questions are:

1. Using Edge1 as an example, I am accustom to using 10Voip(10.3.10.X) and 110Data (10.3.110.X) etc.. as Vlans but if I move to routed access layer with /31 for L3 port-channel uplinks, then to take advantage of ospf stub no-summary and ospf range commands I would need to change that to another subnet on 2nd octet right (ie 10.31.X.X) right? I was hoping to summarize to 10.3.X.X for this whole site but I don't think I can do this? right?

2. Currently, I am running Area0 on WAN router and VPN router(via tunnel) as well as on Cores and ASA. Is it a good idea to shrink the campus Area 0 to just WAN and VPN router such that the Core switch and ASA are in a non-zero area. The Cores will be the DR and BDR for this non-zero area.

3. I suspect shrinking A0 will create a discontinuous A0 btwn WAN and VPN router. Do you see this and if so, is there a workaround?

Thx

15 Replies 15

I'm sorry - my support is limited to this forum.

Open a new thread and not only I can help you but others with more expertise..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card