Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Working on a project to cleanup and replace a network of older switches and hubs. Some of the units are daisy-chained together using a 10/100 port. I would like to present a case for using stackable switches vs daisy chainging them in this fashion. C...

Resolved! Port monitoring

Is there any possible way of a monitored port (source port) to stop forwarding traffic because either the destination port device was offline or crashed (like Wireshark)?I need to set up port mirroring for Snort, but I don't know how much traffic I'm...

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the EIGRP within our network and need some guidance. Basically, is there any way within EIGRP to force traffic into one router rather than another? I just need to know how to properly set the weights so that a...

mpozorski by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I have 2811 router with HIW-1ADSL card, i need to configure this router for internet connection. I have already one ADSL Linksys router up and running the configuration of that Linksys router as followsEncapsulation : RFC 2516 PPPOE pcr ...

jagan_240 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I'm having problems connecting 1Gbps interfaces (just a simple autonegotiating 1 Gbps Laptop) direct to a Nexus 5020 port. I'm using a GLC-T in one of the ports that supports 1 Gbps (ports 1-16), and I've configured the speed to 1000. The link tri...

Hi everybodyMy colleague recently upgraded the RAM in a 1760 router (which has a VPN module installed).He informs me that the router now has 192 MB DRAM, and when it boots/POSTs it sees all the RAM, but the IOS only sees 144 MB. He adds that when he...

beast_gts by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a new 1811 and have configured for internet access using SDM. I can't access the internet from any of my internal ports. From my WAn port I can ping my gateway but not the internet. From my internal ports, I can ping the WAn on the router, but...

neilmac by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to upgrade following proudcts. What replacement products would you suggest?WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC (dirrect current)Harsh environmentWS-C296055C-12WS-C296055S-12WS-C296055T-12

tommoser by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Ran out of hardware to test..:-).If I have 3 switches - SW1 is core and other 2 are access switches connected via trunkto Core.********************************SW1: CoreVTP Mode: SERVERvlan10name financevlan20name printersvlan30name HR********...

We are getting the following message after an IOS upgrade.Sep 16 05:34:30.376 PDT: %C4K_PKTPROCESSING-4-ERRORPACKET: Warning - Unexpected packet hitting output acl pdd = 0x9A02A160, 0x0FF8006B 107 bytes: 00 00 0C 07 AC 01 00 15 C5 5C A9 87 08 00 4...

wanrzc901 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I have been searching around a little on the Cisco and Dell STP interoperability. Doesnt seem to have a concrete answer.I have a Cisco CAT6500 running Rapid PVST and a Dell Powerconnect 3548. I was wondering how the Dell P3548 STP must be don...

Hi All,We have a HQ at Svenstrup and DC in Odense, these two location connected through 34mb p2p link.OSPF routing protocol running.We are using HP switches at HQ LAN where all end users connected, all HP switches connected to Cisco-3560. STP is enab...

Hi,I have two Multilayer switches in my campus. One is a cisco 6509 with Sup 720 and the other is a Cisco 4006 with sup IV.I have a 3 Link between the two switches.One Switches hosts subnets in the 172.16.X.X network and the other 172.17.X.X. Now my ...

victor_87 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes