Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH Configuration

kcsureshbabu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We can able to do telnet, but not able to do ssh, we checked its not configured. We tried to configure, but didn't get any ssh command in the switch.

My device details.

cisco WS-C3560G-24TS -Version 12.2(25r)SEE4

line vty 0 4

login authentication DOMAINAUTH
transport input all

Thanks,

Suresh Babu K.C.

5 Replies 5

Satwant Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Use command:

Transport input ssh

it will work then 

regards

Satwant

Hi Satwant,

once we  configure crypto key generate rsa  & Ip ssh version

then only ssh will work correct, 

#transport input ?
all        All protocols
none    No protocols
telnet  CP/IP Telnet protocol

So we given All.

I am getting this option only... no ssh. I need to enable ssh..

Hi,

If you don't see any ssh commands, it means the switch ios does not  support ssh. You will need to upgrade the ios on the switch to a crypto image i.e. one with k9 e.g. c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin

thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

It is certainly true that until you generate the crypto key that SSH will not run. (note that generating the crypto key is frequently dependent on configuring a non-default router/switch name and a domain name). It is also true, as others have pointed out, that running SSH requires a code version that supports encryption (usually identified by k9 in the file name).

Configuring ip ssh version may be desirable but it is not required to enable SSH.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

pwwiddicombe
Level 4
Level 4

What's the file name that loads the IOS?  I believe normally there's a -K9 in the file name if it supports encryption.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card