Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack IOS version

hamidul.islam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a stack of 2 switches with IOS version 12.2(25) SEE4 and want to add one more stack in the switch which has 12.2(44) SE5 image.

1. Do I have to load the existing image to the new switch first before adding to the stack?

2. If loaded the image in the new switch do I need to delete the other image [12.2(44) SE5 ] from the new switch? Or there can be multiple images in the switch and only the boot image version should be same.

3. What is the deifference between (25) SEE4 and (44) SE5?

4. What can I verify to make sure that the new switch if I add to the existing stack will work fine?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Have a look at this document.  It will answer most of you questions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1177470

for Question 2, you can keep the old IOS in your flash (if you have enough space) and then delete it once the new IOS is working and before you add it to the stack

HTH

Hi,

I did not find any information related to the difference between 12.2 (25)SEE4 and 12.2(44)SE5. It would be nice if you can tell me the difference.

Another questions,

1. My existing stack has WS-C3750-48PS-S model switches and new switches are WS-C3750G-48PS-S. Will the model difference will cause any issue?

2. Do i need to change the priorities of the new switches as both of them has priority 1.

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card